PDA

View Full Version : embedding config files in air application?

rforte
12-18-2008, 02:02 AM
Not sure if this should be posted in the Flex3 group but here's my problem. I have an air application that has some support files like html, xml, text, etc... that I want embedded in my application and then later read in. I'm using Flex 3 and it seems no matter where in the project I put the files they're never included in my air bundle when I do a release build. I can embed the files using the command line 'adt' tool but I want to use Flex 3. Anyone know how to do this?

Justin Buser
04-01-2009, 06:17 AM
Not sure if this should be posted in the Flex3 group but here's my problem. I have an air application that has some support files like html, xml, text, etc... that I want embedded in my application and then later read in. I'm using Flex 3 and it seems no matter where in the project I put the files they're never included in my air bundle when I do a release build. I can embed the files using the command line 'adt' tool but I want to use Flex 3. Anyone know how to do this?

Create a bin-release folder in the root project directory and copy any extra files you want to embed into that directory. It's kind of a pain because Flex deletes that directory on every release build, but at least it gets your files in there.

Admiral Brodnack
04-02-2009, 04:33 AM
You should be able to include such files under the src directory. Then, on about the 3rd page of the Export Release Build (for AIR) wizard, you should see them in the list of files to include.