PDA

View Full Version : help with page transitions

supadrumr
01-01-2009, 08:15 PM
can anyone direct me to a good tutorial on page transitions? I have searched google for many hours looking, but i can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for.

I have a basic flash website that has a small intro and then has navs that direct you on the timeline with the gotoAndStop action. I want to (hopefully) dynamically load a page transition after the nav button is clicked and then go to the appropriate frame. Is this possible? My fla is linked below.

Any tutorial links or help in general will be much appreciated.
-Dave

www.b-dandy.com/bradsite.fla

RefreshGFX
01-01-2009, 08:54 PM
There are some good web sites out there that provide nice tutorials (starting with the tutorials here on as.org of course ;-) but, also...

kirupa.com
gotoandlearn.com
ultrashock.com

You may also want to look at purchasing Flash templates and or components ...

flashloaded.com
jumpeyecomponents.com
flashden.net

Also, you should look into some new ways of handling your animations. So, instead of using the "old" timeline based animations (keyframes with 'motion-tweens')... Google: mc_tween.as and Tweener Note: This will look crazy to you (since it's creating animation through code). But, once you understand it (which might be in a day or might be in a week) you will be creating your own animations like crazy and 100 times easier (plus your timeline will be really small).

Finally, in answer to your question of having a page transition then going to a frame. Yes, you can do that ... after looking at your .FLA what you would do is to have a movie-clip (which is a library symbol with it's own timeline). Therefore, if a viewer clicks a nav button you would basically load in (or display and play) a movie-clip transition. Then on the last frame of that movie-clip you would tell the movie-clip to fade-out (perhaps) then _root.gotoAndPlay("Frame_Label"); // Note: _root refers to the main timeline. So, in essence it's saying go to "Frame_Label" on the main timeline.

atomic
01-02-2009, 09:02 PM
What transition did you have in mind?

supadrumr
01-03-2009, 06:18 AM
Not really sure. I am speaking more in general because I want to be able to do this to more than one site. I was thinking of something simple... like a box flying over the content, and then when it leaves the screen, there is new content revealed. I was considering maybe one of those flipping paper transitions off flashden (they're $4.00) because I thought that might be neat. Ultimately it'll be a movie clip that moves over the content and then new content appears.