PDA

View Full Version : loadmovie ... what is the start frame?

babafoo
04-24-2001, 02:00 PM
I am using loadmovie('test.swf',2) in onmouse(released) event. The first time it plays ok, from frame 1 but the subsequent calls does not ... does it not play automatically at frame 1 on each call? If not how do you make it start from frame 1?

Thanks ... Baba

Marx
04-24-2001, 04:00 PM
Hi, welcome to Actionscripts.org.

Is there a stop action in frame 1?
If you continuely click the load movie button the loaded movie will automatically play from the begining provided there isn't a stop action in frame 1.
If your 'calling' the loaded movie from another button then it maybe something else, so you might need to post a little more information.

Hope this helps.

babafoo
04-24-2001, 07:53 PM
hmmm ... no there is no stop at frame 1, but it does have several stops in the middle and it does not return to frame 1 everytime it stops. I think this is where it gets reloaded or cached because none of the frames before the stops plays on the following calls. Does that make sense? I would think the loadmovie would automatically play from frame 1?

Babafoo

Jesse
04-27-2001, 09:08 AM
If the movie is already loaded it might not auto play it from Frame one... you might consider putting a gotoAndPlay(1) action under you load movie as it can do no harm: if the movie isn't loaded it will do nothing, if it is, it will do what you want.

PS - If you're using the clip event for mouse down, I would advise against it. I hate that thing.

Cheers

Jesse

babafoo
04-27-2001, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the input everyone, I got the problem solved. I just had to move my button timeline and it loaded the movie fine and started at 1.

BabaFoo