PDA

View Full Version : WinXP Stall

Huw
12-02-2002, 10:30 AM
Hi,

I have created a flash website, which I uploaded and tested on a Mac, everything worked really well (including the preloader) and I was really happy. I then tried it on a PC (Win XP) and it paused, while it appeared to preload the site in the background, so while this is happening the user is presented with a blank screen. I then tested it on another PC running Windows 2000 and it works perfectly, like the MAC. Can anybody tell me why this might be happening?
I did create a new file with a few graphics ect on it but no actionscript and the same thing happened! It appears as if there's a problem running Flash under XP, is that the case? does anybody know?

Referring URL 1: http://www.creativedirection.co.uk/F1Consultancy/index.htm

farafiro
12-02-2002, 10:36 AM
have u updated the player on the XP PC ??
it's now 6.0.50.0

Huw
12-02-2002, 11:10 AM
I've gone to Macromedia's download flash plug-in page and it plays the animation and says it's running the lastest plug-in so it doesn't appear to be a plug-in problem!

Huw
12-02-2002, 02:18 PM
Somebody mentioned a problem with the Activex control panel on PC's I used Macromedia's flash player to uninstall the flash player so I could download the latest version, after doing that, I still get the same problem!

farafiro
12-03-2002, 06:39 AM
open the Flash MX, action panel
writetrace($version)
see the results, it itsn't the latest, go here
http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/releasenotes/mx/fp6_update_r50.html

follow the instructions in the second half of the page

Huw
12-03-2002, 07:47 AM
Thanks for your pointers, where do I find the 'Flash MX, action panel'?

Is that on the PC that i'm trying to view it on? Or the machine that I'm producing the file on??

By the way i'm using Flash 5 on my MAC to produce the website!

farafiro
12-03-2002, 07:51 AM
it's within the Macromedia Flash program, never mind about it if u have flash 5 do it so
just install the player

Huw
12-03-2002, 10:48 AM
farafiro,

Thanks for your reply, I'm a bit unsure, what your suggesting!

I did acutally download Macromedia's flash player uninstaller, which I ran on the PC running WindowsXP. Once I removed Flash player, I went to Macromedia's site and downloaded the latest player from their site and it still doesn't run properly!

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "do it so just install the player"

Have I done this by doing the above?

farafiro
12-03-2002, 10:51 AM
yes