PDA

View Full Version : fade

cgbarnard
04-24-2001, 08:17 PM
i'm just looking for the best way to get a full-screen fade in and fade out.
i'm also wondering if/how you can load two movies to play simultaneously on one screen with specific sizes.
thanks.

the_wizard
04-25-2001, 12:33 AM
http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/

Ive seen some tech notes on this and should help

cgbarnard
04-25-2001, 05:45 PM
thanks for your response. i tried the support center but couldn't really find what i wanted. i should have explained my problem a little more clearly. i made a symbol of a white rectangle the size of the canvas. i have a motion tween with the color alpha changing to 0 to get a fade-in effect. however, it stutters in doing so. it's not a smooth fade. i was wondering how i can eliminate the stutter.
i'll keep trying. thanks again for your help.

the_wizard
04-25-2001, 10:53 PM
Maybe the solution is to do a pre load screen while all of the falsh movie is being loaded onto a users machine.

Also if you have seprate movies running at the same time as the fade then that can slow it down.

If it dosent stutter judder on your machine before its uploaded then you will have to make sure that the visitor to your page gets the full movie before viewing it.

Do you have an example uploaded yet.

just if i have a quick look i might b able to help more !

S3kS
04-26-2001, 04:27 AM
To do the fading, you could do by way of HTML. And as far as having two movies play at the same time, you can either do that by HTML or use a script in the first frame that loads two different .swf(s) into two different MCs. This is done simply with loadMovie function. Hope that helps... if you need more help, like the HTML coding or the Flash coding just e-mail me.

cgbarnard
04-27-2001, 03:28 PM
thank you both for another reply. i'll set to work on those suggestions. if it still doesn't work, i may take you up on your offer to contact you again. thanks.

cgbarnard
05-03-2001, 04:13 PM
how would i load a movie into a movie clip in a specific location on the stage?