PDA

View Full Version : Best tool for Flash development

memoorthy
02-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Recently, we got a new developer in our team who loves to work with Flash Develop as Actionscript editor. Due to my heavy loads of work in Flex, I somehow felt Flex Builder as the ideal Actionscript editor for me and now I am spending some time in FDT & Aptana as well.

Having so many Actionscript editors with so many features in each, which is your favorite Actionscript editor & why (what keeps u tied with it!).

fx.barrett
02-06-2009, 01:46 PM
I'll got for Flex Builder anytime, why? Simply because it has it all ( it totally fits my needs )... It's not perfect but it definitely has a solid structure and plenty of tools to help you out with your stuff.

senocular
02-06-2009, 01:57 PM
I've been using FlashDevelop lately. Its got a lot of little features that I like and is not as bulky as Flex Builder

maskedMan
02-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Coming from Senocular, that's saying something. :)

The only ones I have experience with are FlashDevelop and SEPY, and I'm quite happy with FlashDevelop.

rawmantick
02-07-2009, 06:36 AM
I have experiance using Flex Builder, FDT eclipse plugin, FlashDevelop, Flash CS3, IntelliJ IDEA.

IntelliJ IDEA flex support is still very buggy but I can say potentially IDEA is the most featured IDE I've ever met. It has code-completion where no other IDE has. Finally I jumped the IDEA off because bugs overwhelmingly overlap the features. Debug is buggy sometimes, this really kills.

FlashDevelop is dramatically awesome for solo projects. But I'm not a friend with it's debug... Actually I don't remember if it has a debug... All the code completion features are very handy.

Flex Builder is what I really prefer. It has everything it should and doesn't what it shouldn't. Debug, mxml, code completion, eclipse-basement - things're great. Number one.

Flash IDE - not more than for hanging an event listener for a button.

FDT. Very powerfull tool. But it had no mxml support for the moment I had a deal with. As I know now it has... Gonna try it back again...

So the winner is Flex Builder.

nakedkafka
02-07-2009, 02:11 PM
preffered: the mighty and monsterous Flex Builder, it's easy to operate. second choice would be flashDevelop