PDA

View Full Version : useARROWCursor

Cyberdyne
12-12-2002, 06:19 PM
hey all, long time listener, first time caller.... my question to you guys out there is this.... i want to make my cursor stay as an arrow (or the users default) when you rollover an invisible button. I have an animated dropdown menu, but whenever your in the hitState for the invisible button (to reset the menu to frame 1), it changes the cursor to 'the finger'..... how do i make it so that when you rollOver buttons, it does NOT change it to the finger, and keep it the users default cursor?

I've looked through all the help files and index that came with flash mx. all i got was this :

Property; a Boolean value that, when set to true, indicates whether a hand cursor is displayed when a user rolls over a button. The default value of useHandCursor is true. If the useHandCursor property is set to false, the arrow cursor is used instead.

so how do i set this thing to false?

I've also got another problem that when i click on my buttons in the drop down menu, it doesnt go to the right page and begin playing. in fact it doesnt go at all... all it does is when you release, is get rid of the buttons and does nothing. just sits there and you can rollOver the initial button and it playes the animation..... click on the button, nothing.... i've got AL the scripting right (i think). havent changed it from any other button, its just that this time its inside an animated dropdown menu.

so how do i 1: make the cursor not change to the finger, and stay as an arrow/users default

and 2: any clue as to why the button inside the MC will not link to the next page.

Thanks in advance,
Cyberdyne

binkyboo
12-12-2002, 07:08 PM
_root.instanceName.useHandCursor = false;

binkyboo
12-12-2002, 07:10 PM
What's the code on your button inside the MC?

Cyberdyne
12-12-2002, 07:33 PM
the actions that i have set for the button is just your basic, on release, goto and play this scene, frame 1.

that works on all my other buttons, and it worked b4 i changed the button to an animated rolldown menu.

as for this damn cursor thing, its still not working..... my code is.

on (rollover) (
goto and stop (1)
)

i tried putting that _root command in there, and it still didnt change it..... and i put that action ON the invisible button i'm assuming.

Thanks.

binkyboo
12-12-2002, 09:39 PM
Try this:

on (rollOver) {
_root.gotoAndPlay(1);
}

Cyberdyne
12-12-2002, 10:31 PM
YAAAAAY! got it to work.... well the rollover part.... the link still doesnt work, i'll try that now.

i ended up using

on (rollOver) {
HowToInvisible.useHandCursor = false;
_root.gotoAndStop(31);
}

THANKS DUDE!:D

binkyboo
12-13-2002, 01:12 PM
Ya no problem eh!