PDA

View Full Version : countdown timer

DJ-Tornado
03-25-2009, 06:58 PM
can anyone here help me i am new to using flash or macromedia in general, i am creating a website and i would like to create a countdown timer to my shows/club events, i have serched google and all the one i find are for dates only i need to count down to a specific time and date. if anyone can help with that i would be greatful

additional help if it is possible when the timer reaches zero i would like it to disappear, however if anyone knows how to make it count down to a specific time, and it then starts counting back up i really dont mind i would rather have that than nothing at all

kkbbcute
04-14-2009, 08:22 AM
Stop spamming!

Anyway, would you want your timer to have like a real time update, or one which is based off a set timer that doesn't update itself?

cjx3711
04-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Do you want this timer to work based on the user's system time or just a timer that count's down but cannot continue if you exit the flash?

If you need a simple timer, you just have a movieclip that subtracts from a variable every 24 frames if your fps is 24. Then put a if statement to detect when it reaches zero.

kkbbcute
04-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Do you want this timer to work based on the user's system time or just a timer that count's down but cannot continue if you exit the flash?

Exactly what I was saying. But I think he wants the former. ;)

Xegnma
04-17-2009, 11:47 PM
OK, I have just what the doctor ordered. But it will cost you though:p. Check out the link below:

EVENT COUNT DOWN WIDGET V1 (http://www.mmfiles.com/flash/web_applications_and_data/event_count_down_widget_v1_313.html)