PDA

View Full Version : netstream.buffer.full ?

tom101
03-28-2009, 01:32 AM
Hi,

I'm building an app using FMIS 3.5 and Flex SDK 3.2
I'm seeing different operation when I used a hosted FMIS vs. when I use a local FMIS.

When I use hosted (Uvault), when the I call ns.play(xxx) I get two events:

"NetStream.Play.Start"
then
"NetStream.Buffer.Full"

But when I run locally I only get:

"NetStream.Play.Start"

They are both running FMIS 3.5, both running the same server side app (livestreams, as supplied by Adobe with their FMIS download) and the same client side app. I'm playing an flv, audio only speex encoded file.

Questions:

1. Why doesn't the local version fire "NetStream.Buffer.Full"?
2. I need to start another action when the playing starts - I am correct to be using the first fire of NetStream.Buffer.Full to catch the start of the playback? (the adobe docs are very light on this..:(
3. Would the answer to (2) be different if I was doing a progressive download over http rather than streaming over rtmp from FMIS?

(cross posting to AS3 forum)

thanks !

tom

tom101
03-28-2009, 01:32 AM
Hi,

I'm building an app using FMIS 3.5 and Flex SDK 3.2
I'm seeing different operation when I used a hosted FMIS vs. when I use a local FMIS.

When I use hosted (Uvault), when the I call ns.play(xxx) I get two events:

"NetStream.Play.Start"
then
"NetStream.Buffer.Full"

But when I run locally I only get:

"NetStream.Play.Start"

They are both running FMIS 3.5, both running the same server side app (livestreams, as supplied by Adobe with their FMIS download) and the same client side app. I'm playing an flv, audio only speex encoded file.

Questions:

1. Why doesn't the local version fire "NetStream.Buffer.Full"?
2. I need to start another action when the playing starts - I am correct to be using the first fire of NetStream.Buffer.Full to catch the start of the playback? (the adobe docs are very light on this..:(
3. Would the answer to (2) be different if I was doing a progressive download over http rather than streaming over rtmp from FMIS?

(cross posting to FMS forum)

thanks !

tom

lg101
03-31-2009, 05:37 PM
if there is a stream to be played u must get both the events...
check the stream name..

if the stream name is incorrect or the stream is not present then you wont get buffer.full.

rdene2000
05-06-2009, 07:44 AM
if there is a stream to be played u must get both the events...
check the stream name..

if the stream name is incorrect or the stream is not present then you wont get buffer.full.
Hi for me also I am not getting NetStream.Buffer.Full what to do ???