PDA

View Full Version : How do I draw arrows for callouts?

Patty Civalleri
04-28-2001, 05:33 PM
Hi, I'd like to have an arrow draw itself and point to a piece of machinery. I need to re-use it several times, and change it slightly each time.

Here's what happens: In frame one, I draw a short line. I create a motiontween to keyframe at 15. In 15, I scale the line (to extend the length) but it extends BOTH ends instead of one. It seems to extend correctly if there is no tween. But as soon as I add the tween then extend the line, it extends both ends.

If I extend the line first, then add the tween, it just jumps from the short line to the long line in 15. It doesn't draw the line out frame-by-frame.

Help...

patty

Jesse
04-29-2001, 07:23 AM
I hope you're making your like a graphic or MC symbol, or using a shape tween. You can't motion tween a vector based line, you have to either (i) shape tween it (because it's a shape) or; (ii) convert it to a graphic of movie clip then motion tween it...

Flash will probably be trying to keep the centre point the same so that's why it's expanding in both directions...

Cheers

Jesse

CoolJim
12-28-2005, 01:44 PM
Soo... if i undestood you right,Patty, you wanna add some call outs to frames.I think you should use this (http://presentavid.com/) for ur purpose. This proggy allows to add different lines, create and add call outs of various shape with text in.