PDA

View Full Version : [FlashLite 2.x] communication from Flash to server!

vinayak.kadam
04-30-2009, 09:46 AM
Hello All,

I want to develop a kind of application wherein, there will be one Flash SWF which will send some data to the server, but if the mobile is offline then it will either store data locally somewhere or send to some local application and this application will send data back to the server when mobile comes online.

First of all, what I am trying to do is I know something quite special. Frankly tell me if this is possible. If you think that this is possible by any means then I will like to know all the ways through which this can be done. What requirements I need to alter to achieve this etc etc etc......

I am not in too much hurry so you guys can take your own time to think!!!!

Thanks in advance for your kind consideration.

Thommas
04-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Can you bring us more information ?

Which devices are you targeting ? If you're planning on using Flash Lite 2.1, I guess this is for Windows Mobile 5/6 PDA or Phones.

I suggest you use Janus-Flash to store data in XML files in the filesystem.
I've already developed an app to achieve this.

vinayak.kadam
04-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Well I am not sure about the info on mobiles, but my target device is any device with FlashLite 2.x enabled. Basically I work with elearning projects and recently we are making a move to move onto m-learning (mobile-learning).

We are just in teh very starting phase, nothing is finalized, no ideas nothing....I just need the fundamental ideas...I will also look at what you advised. I will google for it.

In between, new ideas are welcome!

Pumpkin
05-01-2009, 09:01 AM
I think you can do it but I don't know all the details. I know you can store info on the phone (if the makers let you) in shared objects, but I don't think that you can have the application fetching data in the background. The user would have to strat it up first before it can do anything.