PDA

View Full Version : My best yet what do you think?

geak
04-29-2001, 06:08 PM
Check out my new freelanc portfolio site

http://www.stairwelldesign.com

This is my best work yet. A creative nav system with good design.

ggggg
04-30-2001, 08:34 AM
Hy, I'm an Austrian student for graphic design,
and I think it looks great, the type is a bit
small, but else it is really cool.

I don't know if it is not finished yet, or
if it is a bug, but no button functionates.

Mfg. Georg
http://www.8ung.at/ggggg
ggggg@utan[email protected]

Jesse
04-30-2001, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the link to our site :)
The graphics are great, and the nav is orriginal so you get points for that. It took me a while to work out how it works though so you might want to give a bit more explaination for stupid people such as myself.

Text is a little small...

Cheers

Jesse

schubee
04-30-2001, 03:16 PM
good thing there are only 4 sections because the nav system (although creative and original) would get tiresome.
although they're simple, i probably prefer quick buttons rather than do all that work.

sKIDj
04-30-2001, 11:23 PM
i quite like the navigation, although the buttons didn't seem to go back to where they were (don't know if i was supposed to tidy up after myself).

tiffany2577
05-10-2001, 04:03 PM
i have to agree that the navigation is very unique and interesting... but it is a bit of work for the user. have you considered possibly having an animation play out the same motions you user goes through? possibly with a rollover? it would elevate the possiblity of a user leaving your site because they can't figure it out or are lazy.
i also agree that the text is a bit small, which would probably be okay if it contrasted with the background more.
nevertheless, good work!

Annie
05-10-2001, 05:37 PM
Visitors will not expend the time or energy to figure this out. If this is a commerce site, you want to make it easy to get in. Notice how ggggg commented that the buttons don't work?

ggggg
05-10-2001, 05:57 PM
I don't want to be understood the wrong way. I even
realized how the navi works, I just think it should
also work the normal way.
And user who like such experimental navigations can
do it the way it is now.

Zarathusta
05-16-2001, 06:03 AM
The designs cool and i think that the nav is ok but just a little to complicated.

Also i don't know if it is an error or not, but if you drag more than one of the links inot the play erea (or whatever you would like to call it) they seem to pile up, making it all rather confused.

geak
06-10-2001, 09:54 PM
Thanks for all the feedback people. I agree the site is hard to figure out at first but I kind of meant it to be that way on purpose. And I did fix that pile up thing as well.

Again this site (actionscripts.org) rocks!!!

gabe-::::::