PDA

View Full Version : [AS2] Helpful pointers for starting a simple interactive game

Woodsy01
05-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Hi there,

I'm looking to build a very simple (hopefully!) interactive game.

- A number of balls are situated at the bottom of the stage.

- There are several dropzones which the balls can be placed in.

-Once a dropzone is occupied with a ball, it’s not possible to populate that the dropzone with another ball until the present one has been removed.

-Depending on which balls are present in the dropzones, the balls animate differently. For instance.....the red ball is placed in a dropzone. There are currently no other dropzones populated with a ball.

- The blue ball is then placed in a dropzone.

- Once the ball blue is placed in the dropzone, the red balls behaviour changes in reaction to the blue ball being placed in another dropzone. For example it changes to a darker shade of red.

The yellow ball is then placed in a dropzone and the blue changes, but the red ball remains the same. This interactions continue, with the states of the balls changing depending on which balls are occupying dropzones.

Could anyone give me any pointers where to start with this project? I'm guessing the balls need to be movieclips, likewise for the dropzones.

How can I set it up so dropzones can only contain one ball, will I need to set some variable(s)?

How will I chaneg the behaviour of the balls? Will this be a case of moving to the necessary part of the ball movie clip timeline in reaction to what else is on stage?

Thanks.......

Woodsy01
05-13-2009, 11:02 AM
ignore the thumbnail at the bottomn of the message.

Woodsy01
05-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Hi there,

I'm looking to build a very simple (hopefully!) interactive game.

- A number of balls are situated at the bottom of the stage.

- There are several dropzones which the balls can be placed in.

-Once a dropzone is occupied with a ball, itís not possible to populate that the dropzone with another ball until the present one has been removed.

-Depending on which balls are present in the dropzones, the balls animate differently. For instance.....the red ball is placed in a dropzone. There are currently no other dropzones populated with a ball.

- The blue ball is then placed in a dropzone.

- Once the ball blue is placed in the dropzone, the red balls behaviour changes in reaction to the blue ball being placed in another dropzone. For example it changes to a darker shade of red.

The yellow ball is then placed in a dropzone and the blue changes, but the red ball remains the same. This interactions continue, with the states of the balls changing depending on which balls are occupying dropzones.

Could anyone give me any pointers where to start with this project? I'm guessing the balls need to be movieclips, likewise for the dropzones.

How can I set it up so dropzones can only contain one ball, will I need to set some variable(s)?

How will I chaneg the behaviour of the balls? Will this be a case of moving to the necessary part of the ball movie clip timeline in reaction to what else is on stage?

Thanks.......