PDA

View Full Version : Canvas{Label.enabled} is reversed?

angerbee
05-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Wow, I cannot figure this out. I have attempted to use buttonMode=true along with useHandCursor=true quite a bit - and I would say it works about 25% of the time. Most of the item I assign them to are clickable, but the handcursor rarely ever works. So on this last project I am working on, I decided to use disabled-color for some items that are not ready for use yet. So when I set the labels.enabled to false, they remain clickable, but magically the handcursor starts working!

How do I get the handcursor to work properly, and why would enabled = false not work?

<mx:Canvas x="58" y="73" width="450" height="150">
<mx:Image x="0" y="0" source="Assets/Images/thumb_250.jpg" width="263" height="150" alpha="1" autoLoad="true" buttonMode="true" useHandCursor="true" click="mediaFire(event);" name="MEDIA.LONG"/>
<mx:Label x="384" y="76" text="LONG" styleName="ContentFrameSubTitle" buttonMode="true" useHandCursor="true" click="mediaFire(event);" name="MEDIA.LONG"/>
<mx:Label x="371" y="112" text="SHORT" styleName="ContentFrameSubTitle" buttonMode="true" useHandCursor="true" click="mediaFire(event);" name="MEDIA.SHORT" enabled="false" />
<mx:Label x="379" y="10" text="MEDIA" styleName="ContentFrameTitle"/>
</mx:Canvas>

<mx:Style>
.ContentFrameSubTitle {
font-size: 18;
disabled-color: #808184;
}
</mx:Style>

JeTSpice
05-23-2009, 02:31 AM
that's a weird one.

if you change it from mx:Label to mx:LinkButton it seems to work more consistently. then you have the rollOverColor to concern with, but you might cheat and make the rollOverColor the same as the background.