PDA

View Full Version : Hello again! and New Agency Site

vilehelm
05-30-2009, 01:30 AM
Wow, long time no see general chat. To the few who remember me, Pinkaboo and I are doing really, really well. Two kids now, both very happy and healthy.

Working as Interactive Director at a an agency in Charlotte, NC. Thought I'd drop back by and say hi and drop a link to our new site we just launched. It's already generating quite a buzz. AND if any of you flash badasses are looking for work, drop me your info and let me know you're out there. Trying to find decent non-moonlighting freelancers. Would love someone in the NC area but willing to look further.

Without further ado:

http://www.booneoakley.com

-Ev-
05-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Haha, that must have been a fun site to build. I like the comment from the guy saying you ripped off YouTube's design.

I know you're working in a tight amount of space, but it would be nice if the top level navigation (work by client, etc.) was persistent so users didn't have to bounce home first before going to a new section.

Nice job!

evride
05-30-2009, 06:01 PM
WOW! I dig

kkbbcute
05-31-2009, 06:13 AM
Nice video! ;) (Why link to a youtube vid and not your real site?)

The hand drawn style in the first half adds so much to the video and makes it really fresh.

vilehelm
06-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

There are some real quirks to working on YouTube for your website. One of them is obviously, or not so obviously, the view count. If we have to make a change to a video we have to replace it which sets the counter back to 0 and that kinda sucks. So we worked pretty hard on the first video and gave it a VERY generic menu.

If we have to replace sub videos with revisions etc. not so bad (for instance NEWS will probably be replaced several times).

As for putting it on our own page, I think that was really more about impact. And the idea of jumping completely out of our own domain and living on everyone's blogs and facebook pages was attractive as well. We could've embedded on our own page but having the embed code right there makes it that much more convenient (for others to forward).

So far press and twitter buzz has been great. A couple of haters but all in all good stuff.

BTW - I do still troll these forums occasionally but I don't have as much free time to chat as I used to. Usually it's get in, get the answer and get out. :\

CyanBlue
06-01-2009, 03:38 PM
TWO kids already? Dang... You guys waste no time... Congrats... ;)

Next time you get in, you will have to stop by and say hello, or teach little vile to do that for you... Otherwise... um... I'll let you imagine... :D

maskedMan
06-01-2009, 04:12 PM
This is truly an amazingly clever idea!

vilehelm
06-02-2009, 02:21 AM
TWO kids already? Dang... You guys waste no time... Congrats... ;)

Time flies! It's been 7 years now since I met Kay online ... right here. :)

We had our 5th anniversary a while back, craziness.

Disappointed Pixelwit hasn't jumped in an commented. ;)

vilehelm
06-02-2009, 02:23 AM
This is truly an amazingly clever idea!

Thanks! The feedback has been off the charts today. 23k views and several hundred mentions on twitter. I knew this was going to be good but ... dayum.

Glad people like it.

CyanBlue
06-02-2009, 02:11 PM
7 years?? Dang... It's been 5 years already?? WoW... Cheers!!! :)

Hey, wait... Who's that Kay lady now??? I thought that you were dating the blonde lady from Japan some time ago... Man... How many ladies did you meet online??? :p

Pixelwit has been busy lately and I don't see him as often I'd like to see him on the board... But I take it is a good sign to see him busy... ;)

vilehelm
06-03-2009, 07:40 PM
I know. Sam, our boy, just turned 3 and it has FLOWN by.

Didn't realize you were in VA. Want to get up there to the mountains sometime and do some camping with the family.

kkbbcute
06-04-2009, 05:48 AM
Btw, who voiced the vid? :)

CyanBlue
06-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Huh?? There is mountain in VA?? I only see empty fields... Gosh.. I miss mountain and the ocean.. :(

pixelwit
06-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Did someone summon me by name?

-PiXELWiT
http://www.pixelwit.com

asf8
06-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Very interesting and innovative approach/idea, clever thinking. It just won an FWA award today also congratulations. Now it will be interesting to see how many copycat sites pop up that use YouTube or other social networking sites like this. ;-)

Again nice work and clever idea. ;)

MichaelxxOA
06-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Congrats on the FWA, asf8 beat me to it! ;)