PDA

View Full Version : [AS2] fscommand

Tabu
06-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Hello

I'm relatively new to ASing, but I'm creating a CD-Rom so a stand-alone flash project and I have managed to use the fscommand "fullscreen", true, but it doesn't seem to matte, it go's full screen but I can move it and reduce it from the top bar OS standard min, max, close buttons. I can't matte the screen unless I have a button that does it for me, I'd like it to matte straight from when users double click the projector. The project was started on Flash MX but I'm using CS3 now, so I understand that there is a new way of doing it ( stageDisplay) but I don't want to change this as I may have to use it in MX after too.
Does anyone have an idea where I'm going wrong?

Thanks

xxneon
06-08-2009, 12:42 PM
when I open a new AS2 FLA in CS3 and use the below code.. it seems to go right into fullscreen just fine.. completely covering the whole screen.. the thing is, you can still hit esc to exit out of fullscreen though..

fscommand("fullscreen","true");
but this is if i am only publishing to a projector .. anything else will not make it enter full screen right away.. swf's on their own need to have user interaction to enter fullscreen.. and when you do Test Movie.. its not opening the projector .. it just does a test compile of the finished product as an swf.. but if your publishing settings are set to publish to a projector only and you hit f12 it should execute the projector and you should see it enter fullscreen just fine.

Tabu
06-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks thats what I've tried, and your code is what I have implemented.
I'm wondering if its a Mac thing, I will try it on Windows and see if it does the same. When I implement a button to go full screen it does matte it but for some reason it won't from projector.

Thanks again for your help.

Tabu
06-11-2009, 10:40 PM
all fine now, don't exactly know what it was but its working, thanks