PDA

View Full Version : controlling projectors

peter pan
01-09-2003, 09:18 PM
Hi..

I have a problem with the fscommand (exec,)

But I think that it will be better to tell you what I doing exactly so you can give me the right answer for my problem..

1- I use flash mx
2- I designed some kind of tourist guide which will be published on cd
3- I have 3 main .fla
- Presentation .fla
- Menu .fla
- 3 items each one in a separate .fla

I converted the presentation .fla to presentation.exe and the rest of the .fla to .swf

Until now every thing goes fine and all the files can call each other

But..

I decided to convert the rest of the SwF (menu.swf and the 3 items) to .exe files

Why?

1- to protect the swf files from importing or downloading from the cd – I know that even the protected swf could be cracked and I spend hours in this project – and the exe files will be more difficult to expand it.

2- To avoid any Possibility that the swf will not work – I know that the flash projector works even there is no flash player on the computer.

3- I think it looks more professional to use the projector files – I tried to convert all the swf to the macromedia director but it failed.

So where is the problem??

1- I put at the last frame of the presentation .fla the fscommand (“exec”, “menu.exe”)
I made a folder and I named it fscommand and I put on it the menu .exe

When the presentation.exe arrive to the last frame the menu .exe opens in another flash player and I want it to replace the presentation.exe flash player as we can say on 0 level.

2- where I put the 3 items .exe ? if you call them from the menu.exe with the fscommand (“exec”,..)
I must put the three exe files inside another fscommand file and how you will call the menu from any item using the fscommand (“exec”,..) ?

Main folder
| --- presentation.exe
| --- fscommand folder ( which contains )
| ----1- menu.exe
| --- 2- fscommand folder ( which contains )
| --- 1- item1.exe
| --- 2- item2.exe
| --- 3- item3.exe

I am waiting for your advice
Thank you

peter pan
01-09-2003, 09:19 PM
Hi..

But I think that it will be better to tell you what I doing exactly so you can give me the right answer for my problem..

1- I use flash mx
3- I have 3 main .fla
- Presentation .fla
- Menu .fla

I converted the presentation .fla to presentation.exe and the rest of the .fla to .swf

But..

I decided to convert the rest of the SwF (menu.swf and the 3 items) to .exe files

Why?

1- to protect the swf files from importing or downloading from the cd – I know that even the protected swf could be cracked and I spend hours in this project – and the exe files will be more difficult to expand it.

2- To avoid any Possibility that the swf will not work – I know that the flash projector works even there is no flash player on the computer.

3- I think it looks more professional to use the projector files – I tried to convert all the swf to the macromedia director but it failed.

1- I put at the last frame of the presentation .fla the fscommand (“exec”, “menu.exe”)

When the presentation.exe arrive to the last frame the menu .exe opens in another flash player and I want it to replace the presentation.exe flash player as we can say on 0 level.

2- where I put the 3 items .exe ? if you call them from the menu.exe with the fscommand (“exec”,..)
I must put the three exe files inside another fscommand file and how you will call the menu from any item using the fscommand (“exec”,..) ?

Main folder
| --- presentation.exe
| ----1- menu.exe
| --- 1- item1.exe
| --- 2- item2.exe
| --- 3- item3.exe

Thank you

peter pan
01-09-2003, 09:20 PM
Hi..

1- I use flash mx
3- I have 3 main .fla
- Presentation .fla
- Menu .fla

But..

Why?

Main folder
| --- presentation.exe
| ----1- menu.exe
| --- 1- item1.exe
| --- 2- item2.exe
| --- 3- item3.exe

Thank you

peter pan
01-09-2003, 09:21 PM
Hi..

1- I use flash mx
3- I have 3 main .fla
- Presentation .fla
- Menu .fla

But..

Why?

Main folder
| --- presentation.exe
| ----1- menu.exe
| --- 1- item1.exe
| --- 2- item2.exe
| --- 3- item3.exe

Thank you

freddycodes
01-09-2003, 09:28 PM
Cross-posting is going to have an adverse reaction to what you are looking for. :mad: instead of help.

toke
01-09-2003, 09:43 PM
CROSS-POSTING CROSS-POSTING CROSS-POSTING

read the forum rule man!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

peter pan
01-09-2003, 09:44 PM
sorry but i am spend 10 hours until now trying to solve my problems and no one wants to help me and i am stuckining in my project

would you help me ??

toke

toke

peter pan
01-09-2003, 09:49 PM
sorrrrrrrry guys

but belive me i try to find any help

i spent 10 hours trying to solve the problem - sending through froums - reading - trying but no way .

what can i do ???

peter pan
01-09-2003, 09:52 PM
what i have to do to let any one just look to my question and send me any answer even if he say we have no answer for you .

DiDi
01-09-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by peter pan
I must put the three exe files inside another fscommand file and how you will call the menu from any item using the fscommand (“exec”,..) ?I guess there might even exist an answer for this but I feel it altogether too complicated to be worth a trouble...

About the 3 reasons why you would prefere publishing all your three movies as an .exe here what I know:

to protect the swf files from importing or downloading from the cdBy publishing it as an .exe you are not granting it any protection. I know of at least couple of "EXE to SWF" tools FREELY awailable on the net...

To avoid any Possibility that the swf will not workIf you load your .swf into an .exe they are viewed through it (.exe is .swf "wrapped" into Standalone Flash Player).

I think it looks more professional to use the projector filesI've seen quite few "professional" CDs that include .swf files, and even an extra DVD with a Flash based game (it had lot of "unprotected" .swf files that loaded into main interface) of one of top Hollywood production movies (can't remember which one since I was more interessted in Flash stuff structure than in movie itself :D).

So my advice is to stuck with your main inteface (presentation) as projector (.exe) and than load menu and extra content (.swf files) into it...

Just my 2 cents...

DD

DiDi
01-09-2003, 10:10 PM
Hmmm... I didn't notice it was a crosspost... :mad:

Would have put this before:

DiDi
01-09-2003, 10:42 PM
Well crossposting FOUR times is HARDLY the best way...

Approaching deadline/not getting answer fast enough... are NO excuse for not observing forum rules. I answered your post in General Help, so PLEASE don't crosspost in the future.

peter pan
01-09-2003, 10:49 PM
first f all thank you didi for answering my question.

:)

you said that :

1-

//
By publishing it as an .exe you are not granting it any protection. I know of at least couple of "EXE to SWF" tools FREELY awailable on the net...
//

so how can i protect my work ?

2-

//

If you load your .swf into an .exe they are viewed through it (.exe is .swf "wrapped" into Standalone Flash Player).

//

so if i burn the cd containing the following files it will work correctlly on any pc even it doesn't contain any flash player ?

- autorun.ini
- presentation.exe
- menu.swf
- item1,2,3.swf

3-
//

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by peter pan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess there might even exist an answer for this but I feel it altogether too complicated to be worth a trouble...

//

all i want to say that if you have 2 exe files you will put one of them in fscommand folder in this case no problem.

the problem is if i convert all the swf files to exe files so we have main .exe file on the root directory and menu. exe inside the fscommand folder - no problem until now -

but we have another 3 exe files which are the items .

if we put them on the root directory they can call the menu.exe inside the fscommand folder but how can we call any of the 3 items from the menu.exe files - when we use fscommand("exec") we put what we are calling inside fscommand folder- you understand what i mean??

and another thing when you open any exe file using the " exec" command the second file open in another player and not in the same one .

is there any way to avoid this point.

thank you very much again.

DiDi
01-09-2003, 11:05 PM
so how can i protect my work ?There is NO way to protect your work against somebody who is determined to break it...
so if i burn the cd containing the following files it will work correctlly on any pc even it doesn't contain any flash player ?

- autorun.ini
- presentation.exe
- menu.swf
- item1,2,3.swfYep, it will work :)... BUT:

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: it is autorun.INF - NOT autorun.INI - otherwise you'll end up with a pile of wasted CDs that DON'T autorun... :D
if we put them on the root directory they can call the menu.exe inside the fscommand folder but how can we call any of the 3 items from the menu.exe files - when we use fscommand("exec") we put what we are calling inside fscommand folder- you understand what i mean??I understand perfectly, and that's exactly why I said it isn't worth the trouble...

Cheers,

DD

PS: Might want to check this:

Flash Projectors and Crossplatform CD Burning FAQ (http://usuarios.lycos.es/didinomade/ProjectorsBurningFAQ.htm)

peter pan
01-09-2003, 11:16 PM
thank you very much again :)

you are an angel.

so

1- what is the difference if i put ini insted of inf

2- i will read the faq and if there will be any thing i don't understand i will if you please send you through the forum asking for an answer .

3- about this point :

//

and another thing when you open any exe file using the " exec" command the second file open in another player and not in the same one .

//

do you have any idea ??

thanks again

DiDi
01-09-2003, 11:43 PM
you are an angel.LOL... I happen to know a few who would disagree very strongly :D
1- what is the difference if i put ini insted of infI have no idea what are .ini files for, but they certainly don't make CDs autorun...
2- i will read the faq and if there will be any thing i don't understand i will if you please send you through the forum asking for an answerYou are welcomed to post more questions, but PLEASE don't CROSSPOST anymore, OK? ;)

//
do you have any idea ??FSCommand "exec" allows Flash projector to communicate with other applications, meaning it starts/opens them and it can't open them INSIDE projector. Same happens if you try to open another Flash projector (which, published as an .exe, behaves as another application), you can't open it inside the first one, that's what "load" action is for...