PDA

View Full Version : Action Script 2.0 Drag and Drop

haln
06-18-2009, 12:36 AM
Hi, I'm new to actionscript, as you may have figured out, and I need some help with learning how to do drag and drop. I'm trying to make 2 blocks which can be dragged and dropped into 2 boxes, which will have them snap into place. I'm trying to make the redblock move, but it seems each time I try to drag the redblock, I end up dragging the blueblock instead, and it only releases when I click on the redblock again. The blueblock works just fine. Can anybody help me out? I can't figure out what's wrong.

blueblock.onMouseDown = function(){
blueblock.startDrag();
}

blueblock.onRelease = function(){
if ((blueblock._x >60 && blueblock._x <140) && (blueblock._y <140 && blueblock._y >60)) {
blueblock.stopDrag();
blueblock._x=100;
blueblock._y=100;
} else {
if ((blueblock._x >160 && blueblock._x <240) && (blueblock._y <140 && blueblock._y >60)) {
blueblock.stopDrag();
blueblock._x=200;
blueblock._y=100;
} else {
blueblock.stopDrag();
}
}
}

redblock.onMouseDown = function(){
redblock.startDrag;
}

redblock.onRelease = function(){
if ((redblock._x >60 && redblock._x <140) && (redblock._y <140 && redblock._y >60)) {
redblock.stopDrag();
redblock._x=100;
redblock._y=100;
} else {
if ((redblock._x >160 && redblock._x <240) && (redblock._y <140 && redblock._y >60)) {
redblock.stopDrag();
redblock._x=200;
redblock._y=100;
} else {
redblock.stopDrag();
}
}
}

rholdrae
06-18-2009, 09:30 AM
yo man.. looking at your code, you're using onMouseDown and onRelease. you should use onPress rather than onMouseDown and it will work out.. don't forget to put "()" on the startDrag
redblock.onMouseDown = function(){
redblock.startDrag;
}

does that help?

haln
06-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Thank you so much! It's works just perfectly now, thank you for the help!