PDA

View Full Version : Comments?

DukeW
07-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Hey,

I have a question about the comments on articles. I have 6 pending comments(so says the home page of the CMS after I log in). When I logged in about two weeks ago the page displayed that I have 2 pending comments, and they haven't been approved. Is this a bug? I hope it doesn't look like I'm wining :P. Note that my CMS account has the same name as my forum account.

CyanBlue
07-06-2009, 11:08 PM
We approve/disapprove them manually, so blame me for being lazy... :(

I've just gone through the pending comments and approve/disapprove them... I saw some spams, some one meanlingless one lines which got disapproved, otherwise, I approved others...

I think this probably have to do with the site crash where some of those comments might have gone for good...

DukeW
07-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Thanks for your reply :) Link claiming that I have 6 comments is gone now.

CyanBlue
07-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Sorry about that... I guess it indeed was the case that has to do with the board crash because I only disapproved 4 out of 8...

Jesse
07-07-2009, 01:31 AM
You may find I approved / dissaproved some as well. I always try to whenever I'm in the system. Note that the link sayign how many comments are outstanding is not an author specific link -- so if you see "there are 6 comments" it means across all articles, not necessarily your own articles. Authors can approve comments on their own articles, so if any of them are outstanding against your articles, you should be able to approve them.

CyanBlue
07-07-2009, 05:17 AM
That's good to know... Thanks, Jesse... ;)

Jesse
07-07-2009, 05:41 AM
Or at least, that's how it's SUPPOSED to work :) Let me know if it doesn't :0

Jesse
07-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Yeah just tested it, and it works. It'll say there are 6 comments outstanding, but only 1 is on my article, so when I click the link, I see one comment only, and I can approve it myself.