PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to Flash...

cheezisgoooood
01-16-2003, 10:56 PM
i'm pretty good at Flash except for one problem. how do I make word's fade in and fade out? Can anyone tell me how?

cheez
01-17-2003, 02:08 AM
Howdy Cheezisgood, convert your text to the a symbol mc. Adjust the alpha accordingly. That's the simplest method. Reply back if you need something a bit more savvy i.e. actionscript

See ya Cheez :D
Cheez

cheez
01-17-2003, 02:24 AM
I think it's also worth commenting on that you are my total alter-ego! You're website is a freakin' howl. I have a couple of cartoons on my site as well that, well, are kind of in the same vein. Also, I have actually seen on craigslist.com in SF a call for cheezisgood a few months back. Didn't think it was intended for me (thought my friends were playing a good joke!) but it could have been for you. Anyway, worlds collide, what can you do...

Take care, funny sh*t your movies...
-Cheez

cheez
01-17-2003, 02:30 AM
birthdays 2 days and 20 years apart. Hehe, so you're my younger alter-ego...

cheez
01-17-2003, 02:38 AM
Your website uses many, many instances of alpha tweening text. What exactly were you shooting for? Some actionscript could look like this:
for (var fade = 100; fade >=0; fade--) {
myTextBoxInstanceName._alpha = fade; }
You can find lots of stuff on this topic by using this forums search function.

See ya,
Cheez

Originally posted by cheez
Howdy Cheezisgood, convert your text to the a symbol mc. Adjust the alpha accordingly. That's the simplest method. Reply back if you need something a bit more savvy i.e. actionscript

See ya Cheez :D
Cheez

cheezisgoooood
01-17-2003, 05:14 PM
Thank you for commenting on my movies. I want to know which one you like the most. My neighbors and friends like Destruction the most. One of my friends like The Load the most. I was inspired by AOL to make that one as you can probably tell. Someone from an animation school in Canada thought Destruction was a riot and sent me Flash MX. thanks alot for the tip. That has just solved many of the problems I've been having with Flash MX.

cheezisgoooood
01-17-2003, 10:40 PM
what I was actually doing was blending the words in with the background and then slowly changing the color to white so that you could see it. I didn't do the alpha thing.

cheez
01-19-2003, 07:28 PM
Hey cheezisgooood, cool, I hope that little bit of actioscript is useful. I have noticed in another thread where you were looking for much better explanation into some fundamental actionscript ideas. One reply was to figure it out for yourself which is probably the best way to *really* figure stuff out so I agree with that poster. However, certainly feel free to ask for real *.fla examples and I am sure folks willl help out. Post more frequently to the "simple stuff" forum also because most of your question are of that category.

For what it's worth, my foundation is on tweening animation using Flash4. MX and a'script open up HUGE doors and it has taken me quite a while (152 posts and counting ;)) to really get it.

See ya,
Cheez