PDA

View Full Version : [CS3] FlashLite 2.1 and video

vinayak.kadam
09-09-2009, 01:33 PM
So once again,

I am working with Flashlite 2.1 and trying to learn how to embed and run a video. I am quite good with Flash and learning flashlite recently....I somehow made the video to work from this tutorial (http://nhippe.com/2007/04/05/hello-world/). It worked fine in the device control. Then I moved this file into Pocket PC with WM5 in which I have installed FlashLite 2.1 from this Adobe link (http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/downloads.html).

Now when I run this SWF from my PPC, the video does not works....can anybody point me to a right direction please?

Thommas
09-09-2009, 01:50 PM
It might not be not possible to play a video using Flash 2.1.

You can try using Flash Lite 3.x.

You can use the Flash Lite Distributable Player to deliver Flash Lite 3.x content on Windows Mobile phones.

vinayak.kadam
09-10-2009, 04:30 AM
Well, I am sure that playing a video is possible using FlashLite 2.1 and it has worked for me in device central with keeping the publish settings to FlashLite 2.1 - AS2 but when I try to run on PPC installed with FlashLite 2.1 it does not works!!!!

I have one more update...I personally hold Nokia 5310 Xpress Music which is by default shipped with FlashLite 2.1 and when I try to run the SWF with video embedded, it works......so to summarize the problem is that video works on device with default flash player 2.1 but not when I install FlashLite 2.1 on PPC WM 5.

As ever,
Vinayak

Thommas
09-10-2009, 07:52 AM
Flash Lite is far from working the same way on different OS.
The only way we can tell it works or not is to run the test.
The emulator is not telling the truth :-)

vinayak.kadam
09-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Ya really seems like that :)

But this is really very very disturbing. I cannot give these reasons to somebody who expects me to be a good developer. I have to search for some workaround techniques or possible reasons and solve the issue. Lets hope for the best.

I have also put this as a discussion topic on Adobe forums and I guess there also exists one Thomas who frequently visits those Adobe community forums (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/489768?tstart=0) :)

As ever,
Vinayak Kadam

Thommas
09-10-2009, 01:32 PM
"But this is really very very disturbing. I cannot give these reasons to somebody who expects me to be a good developer. I have to search for some workaround techniques or possible reasons and solve the issue. Lets hope for the best."
I understand that.
Here is my solution for playing any video on WM5/6 using Flash Lite 2.1.
You need Janus-Flash : www.janus-flash.com
I managed to play any video on mobile device using TCPMP and Janus TopMost method.
You hide the flash animation during the movie, then, after a timer, Flash closes TCPMP and gets the focus again.
This is my trick and it worked well...
See the janus-flash forum to find this solution and how to implement it.

"I have also put this as a discussion topic on Adobe forums and I guess there also exists one Thomas who frequently visits those Adobe community forums"
Yup, I've seen your post there :-)

vinayak.kadam
09-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Can you please detail a more about using TCPMP and Janus TopMost method. I am also a member of Janus-Flash community. Before I visit Janus-flash to know more I think I shud also know more from you.

Thanks a lot for your help!

As ever,
Vinayak Kadam

Thommas
09-11-2009, 11:33 AM
"Can you please detail a more about using TCPMP and Janus TopMost method."
Install TCPMP on your WM phone.
Install Flash Lite 2.1.

Get Janus DLL with CoreDLL method included. I got it by email from the main Janus-Flash developer. But I think this method was then included in the very latest Janus-Flash Pocket PC build.

Put this code in your SWF :
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// CoreDLL listener for TopMost
//
var coreDLLListener : Object = new Object();

coreDLLListener.setTopMost = function(e) : Void
{
if (e instanceof SSPError)
{
debug.text = e.message;
}
else
{
// DO SOMETHING
}
}

coreDLLListener.hideTaskbar = function(e) : Void
{
if (e instanceof SSPError)
{
debug.text = e.message;
}
else
{
debug.text += "\nHide taskbar: " + e.toString();
}
}

Coredll.addListener(coreDLLListener);

Then, you just call Coredll.setTopMost(true);
If you want to disable topMost, when you launch TCMPM using Fscommand2("launch", "myMP3.avi");
Just use : Coredll.setTopMost(false);

Use setInterval to let Flash close TCPMP after the video length (that you need to know).
> Use MortScript.

Or you can let the user close TCPMP all by himself to get back to Flash.

Let me know if you experience some issue.

vinayak.kadam
09-15-2009, 04:47 AM
I am quite busy with few other things and will give this a try once free. Fortunately I am quite aware of Janus-Flash!