PDA

View Full Version : an intro

crabyard
05-04-2001, 10:34 AM
recently done. give me some comments.
tnx.

http://crabyard.51.net/prc-intro

i'm wondering how i can make movies longer except inserting lots of empty frames. (hey, not "countdown" either!) this intro has 2300 frames!! :((( hell.....o.

roderick
05-05-2001, 07:39 AM
WAY too long to load...and I am on a high speed connection.

crabyard
05-05-2001, 12:20 PM
it's only 378k in size, it shouldn't be that WAY LONG....
perhaps it was because of the slow output from China?

dmachado
05-05-2001, 06:57 PM
Basically, I think there is too much inconsistency throughout the intro: too many fonts, too many different tunes for short periods.

You've got something there, but try to make it more "solid".
Stick to one looping tune and try not to confuse the viewer.

This conveys a stronger image for your site.

By the way,I loaded it on a 56K, and it didn't took too long.

Check my site, I have an intro available for viewing.

Keep up the good work.

crabyard
05-06-2001, 01:50 AM
pity i don't know any portugues... though I like the canned spicy sadin fish there.. :)
ur suggestion is nice. thank u, guy.
I could feel the problem when I published it. As a matter of fact, this intro is not intended to be the intro to our prcDESIGN on the iNET. This is a work to be a short demonstration on a computer show in our school.... So, the more "IMPACT", the better. :)

And I wonder whether those 3D in your site were made with 3ds or Swift3d. The tubes in my swf were traced bitmaps...... Some guy asked me to redraw all the bitmaps manually and I thought he was too "brave".

Could you tell me the best way to do 3D in flash?
tnx again.

dmachado
05-06-2001, 02:38 AM
In my opinion, the best you can get is Amorphium Pro ( at http://www.amorphium.com.

Interface is great, easy to learn and exports directly to .swf.

You just import it into your .fla .

Anyway, I'm still learning, so... still a long way to go.

Glad you liked my site.

Cheers!

Jon Roobottom
05-06-2001, 11:53 PM
first thing: how did you do that loading % in HTML ? Thats pretty cool. as for the intro, it's okay. I can see where you're coming from using all the differnt fonts and styles to show the diverse skills of the two designers. But it does get a little confusing.