PDA

View Full Version : fscommand and exe problems

jon 50
01-30-2003, 01:47 PM
Hi,

I've got a problem that I just can't seem to solve. I have an ".exe" file that I have burnt on to a CD along with a ".inf" file that contains the usual "autorun" text.

I have set the ".exe" to fill the screen using fscommand = true, which works fine.

The problem is that rather than just opening 1 version of the file and filling the screen with it, it repeatedly opens more and more versions; about 1 per minute.

I've never seen it do this before, any ideas anyone?

timeliner
01-31-2003, 02:08 AM
Hi Jon and welcome:)

That's very strange indeed. The only thing I can think of is that you may be missing a stop(); action at the end of your movie. Especially if your movie is about a minute long.

timeliner

jon 50
01-31-2003, 06:37 AM
Thanks, but I don't think that is the problem. The projector file is more of an interactive presentation; it has about 45 scenes and relies on the user clicking on a button to go to another scene.

On the first frame of the first scene I have this code

rNum = random(5)+1;
tellTarget ("") {
loadMovieNum ("music"+rNum+".swf", 10);
}
fscommand ("fullscreen", "true");

This scene is only accessed when you first start the presentation though (it selects a piece of music randomly from one of 5 movieclips).

The text in my ".inf" file is

[autorun]
open=[email protected]

Where "design@work" is the name of the projector file. Any ideas as to what could be the problem?

timeliner
01-31-2003, 09:29 AM
Does this repetiton of opening extra 'versions' occur before user interaction/button press?
The projector file is more of an interactive presentation; it has about 45 scenes and relies on the user clicking on a button to go to another scene.
You might consider turning your scenes into separate .swf's and calling them via "loadMovieNum()" and I would also put the fscommand at the head of your first frame code.
I have set the ".exe" to fill the screen using fscommand = true, which works fine.
I assume you mean: fscommand("fullscreen", "true");
btw are you using 5 or MX?

timeliner

jon 50
01-31-2003, 02:38 PM
I think that the problem may be PC related. I've been testing it on an old P2 350hz, and it opens another about once a minute, and then on my laptop a Celeron 1100hz, which does it about once every 3 minutes. Both machines are pretty useless; the laptop crashes about 4 times a day.

A friend has tried it on her PC, as well as a couple of others in her office and it works fine there, so I guess I just need new equipment!

Thanks for trying though; much appreciated.

Jon.

:)