PDA

View Full Version : [AS2] comboBox component problem

tioan
10-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Hi all,
i have a parent swf that loads child swf's. On some of those child swf's i have some comboboxes and input text boxes. When i call one of those swf's for the first time everything works fine. If i call another swf with comboBox component, i have this weird problem:
If i choose a value from the drop down list, it displays correctly, but if i click on another combobox to make another selection then the fist combobox loses the selected value. The same thing happens if i click on an input text box. To make the long story short everytime a combobox loses its focus it loses also the selected data.

I have tried to use _lockroot and also add a combobox at the library of the parent swf. I also attach the comboboxes at a specific depth because i've read thet using getNextHighestDepth() is buggy with the combobox.

I'm already behind my deadline and i am desperate, so any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanx in advance

dialectric
10-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Hi,

More of a workaround than a solution to your problem, but I've found the combobox component to be too buggy to use for my purposes and went with this combobox coded by Sleeve for several projects:

http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?t=138407&highlight=sleeve+combobox

-dialectric