PDA

View Full Version : motion guides

Liquid
05-05-2001, 12:59 AM
Hey All,

I'm having trouble assigning motion guides to objects in Flash 5. I've done it several times and it doens't seem to work.
I've created the object first and then the motion guide, set it as motion guide, and then added motion to that object. .. etc. plus of number of differnet combinations to see if any work.

Is there some trick or sequence I'm missing. Help. thanks.

Strok
05-05-2001, 01:11 AM
I made this example a month ago:
http://www.actionscripts.org/help/stuff/actioinscript_blur.fla

Liquid
05-05-2001, 01:18 AM
Hey,

Thanks for the reply, but I'm trying to move objects that are contrained to organic motion guides (curves and such)

Jesse
05-05-2001, 08:44 AM
To assign a motion guide you simply:

Create a new layer. Right click it and Add Motion Guide. Into frame 1 of the motion guide draw some shape (note it must be discontinuous, see later), and then put a MC or graphic object on the lower layer and attach it to one point on the guide. Then create a new keyframe in the layer with the graphic on it and move the graphic a long a bit, right click the first frame and select Create Motion Tween. Also make sure you extend you guide to this keyframe (select the equiv frame in the guide layer and press f5 to entend this layer to that frame).

Note that if you have continuous motion guides (circles for example) you must make the starting and ending points of the moving graphic different or Flash will see the motion tween as being from point X to point X (thus no movement)

Cheers

Jesse

flashy
04-04-2002, 07:27 PM
Jesse -
I've done motion tweens before and I've done them the way you describe except some times (most times), it doesn't work. There must be something I'm missing.

I'm trying to make motion tweens, some along paths that are open and some closed. For the open one, it's almost like a circle but not quite. I put the graphic on each endpoint and set the motion but instead of going around the path, it goes the OPPOSITE shortest direction to the other endpoint. I've checked the snap, orient to path etc. and it consistently ignores my path.

I get the same result with a closed circle,....I move the second endpoint graphic a little so there's a difference but again, instead of going around the circle, it just moves a tiny bit (in the opposite direction it's supposed to go).

Jesse
04-05-2002, 12:49 AM
I've replied your other thread.