PDA

View Full Version : Advanced form help for Flash 5

PurpleSage
01-31-2003, 10:06 PM
Hi all,

Hopefully someone can point me in the right directions....

I am trying to put comboBoxes (multiple) on a form to be published for Flash 5. Try as I might I cannot seem to find a tut or info telling me how to do this. All the tuts I find only address basic login or email forms.

Any help or direction appreciated.

Billy T
02-01-2003, 12:13 AM
comboBox as in the flash mx component? this wont work in flash 5...

PurpleSage
02-01-2003, 08:02 PM
Billy,

Thanks for the response. Yes I understand that "comboBoxes" are Flash 6.....perhaps I wasn't totally clear. I am trying to add the functionality of a comboBox (you know, drop down choices) to a form being published as Flash 5. Actually there will be 3 of these on the form (I hope!).

Thanks again for any help.

Nigel:)

tost
02-01-2003, 08:27 PM
on the mm site you can download plenty of free 'extensions', actually just smart clips that will appear in your shared libraries in f5 when you 've installed them.
choose 'navigation' in the 'browse extensions' widget on this page (http://www.macromedia.com/exchange/flash), you will see 'form widgets' there. that's whet u need, i think :)
djeezes, i know it sounds like hotline banner access but mm makes their urls very complicated so i can 't post a direct link, sorry
and did i mention you'll need a mm id and the mm extension manager (free app, download on mm too)? :D
anyway, success...
tost

PurpleSage
02-02-2003, 04:50 AM
tost,

Thank you very much...you were right on. Extension works perfectly (downloaded a couple more while I was on the mm site). I noticed someone reviewed the extension and made rude comments about the documentation (or lack there-of)....... I don't even know what documentation they were referring to..... just dropped it in and went from there.

Thanks again.

tost
02-02-2003, 09:11 AM
cheers :)