PDA

View Full Version : [AS2] flipping book component - Flipping pages and texts problem

hunsnowboarder
10-31-2009, 09:16 AM
Hi there Everyone! I’m quite new to Flash but I like it so much. I made a few very basic movies so far, but no ActionScript. I have to make a presentation, and I decided to make it in Flash (instead of the old PowerPoint) and amaze my boss and collegues. Please try to help me to make this presentation.

My problem is the following:

I have a flippingbook component installed and I use it in my presentation (this is a component which makes an effect as if the user would flipping pages of a book). What I would like to do is when I flip to a certain page using the component and press a button then some sentences to appear on the blank pages of the flipping book component. The problem is that when I make these handwriting scenes (as individual scenes), these scenes remain on the top of the component, so they will be there even when I flip pages. If I put these scenes below the component then they are not visible. As I read in the flipping book’s manual if I would like to add something to a page then I have to code it. As I have never done actionscript I really do not know how to do it. Please try to help me if you can. I would like so much to make this presentation.

I have attached the file. If you open you can see that there are three layers. What I would like to do is the following:
If I press the tip of the pencil than the first writing on the text layer should appear. Then if I press the tip of the pencil again, then the next text should appear. And than finally if I flip the page then the writing should flip with the page.
Probably for those who know actionscript this wouldn’t be so hard but for me it is impossible. Please try to help me to make a really nice and astonishing presentation!

Thank You in advance and have a nice weekend!

hunsnowboarder
11-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Really no one is able to help me? :( I am very desperate! :(

kittencat
01-21-2012, 05:14 AM
I'm actually having the same problem I'm making a flipping book in as2 and going to be putting it as an online editorial magazine but the buttons will still be there even when I flip the page's.

pixelwit
02-04-2012, 11:28 AM
This is a PageFlip that I created a while ago (http://www.actionscript.org/showMovie.php?id=459). Maybe it will provide some insight.

-PiXELWiT
http://www.pixelwit.com