PDA

View Full Version : [AS1] how can I browse a file from a cd using action script

angls
10-31-2009, 12:14 PM
hello
I am designing a cd autorun. I made a close button that when I click on, it will end the autorun program and if possible open a file from the cd.

I need the code that help me in this matter

waiting your comments
thanks/best regards

sparkdemon
10-31-2009, 11:35 PM
use geURLto open the file by specifying its relative path

angls
11-01-2009, 11:32 AM
I tried this way. unfortunately it will open my web browser instead

if you have another one, please tell me ASAP.
thanks

northcode
11-03-2009, 04:58 AM
Check out my FREE proxy (http://www.northcode.com/blog.php/2007/08/07/Conquering-FSCommand-EXEC-Part-1-Proxy) utility. It will let you do what you want.

angls
11-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the nice page you gift. It is really useful.

Actually I wanted to allow the user to browse the Cd after seeing the presentation so the rest of documents that are not contained in the presentation will be shown in an individual file which will appear to the user after he clicks on the button.

I hope you understand what I meant. so, please help me.
Thanks / best wishes

northcode
11-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Since proxy works with BAT files you can put any command you want in the BAT file to do just about anything you want. To show a folder from the CD you would call "explorer.exe" (which is the Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer). You can do it like this to browse the root folder of the drive the BAT file is on. This will work from a CD or on your desktop if you want to try it before burning a CD.

explorer.exe \

angls
11-10-2009, 07:50 AM
hello northcode
Thank you very much. The problem is solved. There are no more comments to add. just to say you are really genius.

by the way, is this way working in Mac also?

thanks/best regards

northcode
11-10-2009, 01:46 PM
On a Mac you can EXEC a compiled AppleScript file instead of a BAT file to do the same thing.