PDA

View Full Version : Scrollpane in Component

extra lucky
02-03-2003, 07:43 PM
So - Im trying to use the scrollpane in a component im building - but when I publish the scrollpane stops masking content. If use the same code placing the scrollpane on the main stage (not in a component) everything works as expected. Any ideas? Are there things I dont know about the scrollpane and its making. Just to be clear - this is the issue with the dynamic text... this is scrollpane not masking any of its contents...

thanks

Immulsifier
02-03-2003, 08:51 PM
The scrollpane will mask dynamic text fine as long as you are using an up to date version of the Flash Player. If you are viewing it in the MX authoring environment then you need to either update that player as well or open the published file in IE or another browser.

extra lucky
02-03-2003, 08:53 PM
yeah - this isnt dynamic text. This is mc's being created in the scrollpane... and those arent being masked...

thanks though

and yes - I have updated the app's test player.

Immulsifier
02-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Well i am doing the same thing and it works for me. I am attaching movies into the scrollpane and have had no probs.

extra lucky
02-03-2003, 09:00 PM
yeah - i quite aware that it can be done. adding clips to the scrollpane isnt the problem - what Im asking is if using a scrollpane as part of another component can cause any problems?