PDA

View Full Version : how to make keyword search window ?

trendykarn
11-10-2009, 04:48 AM
hello everybody here,

I am very thankful to actionscript and members of it as i get so valuable help from here.....thank you all.

I am again in trouble with my new project where i have to make a keyword search popup.There is a online study material from which i have to search keywords.Study materials are coming from XML file.

So I placed a button for search option.when I'll press it there should be a popup window with keyword search fields ( as shown in image in attachment ).

What I could do is, I can popup the window with given fields bt i dont know how to search for given keywords.

so plzzz help me...

henke37
11-10-2009, 08:51 AM
You want to know how to search? Go read about search algorithms on wikipedia, they have lots of them.

julianboolean
11-10-2009, 09:42 AM
An easy way to search a string is to use the split() function. you always get an array when you split a string. If the array length is 0 after a split, then it means the string does not contain the search term, but if the array length is more than 0 then you know that the string does contain the search term. Look in Flash Help for the split() function and you'll soon get the hang of it

trendykarn
11-11-2009, 07:00 AM
thank you...i Got the solution

thank you very much