PDA

View Full Version : Swf Address and SEO

SixfootStudio
11-23-2009, 04:25 AM
Hi,

We build website which heavily lean on SEO being a priority but this means that we sacrifice a lot of the jQuery / Flash Bling we could otherwise implement on a site.

I have not been able to find enough supporting proof that SWFAddress overcomes the Search Engine indexing problem and would appreciate it if someone could clear this up for me.

Basically, I would like to add more bling to my sites but SEO has to be a priority, so if someone knows the answer to this I would appreciate the input.

Thanks!
James

ASWC
11-23-2009, 12:01 PM
if SEO is a priority then you shouldn't make a Flash website. As for Flash with swfObject, that's just the best SEO solution known for Flash but that doesn't mean you'll get great SEO results.

asf8
11-23-2009, 01:28 PM
"jQuery / Flash Bling" if the site is not full Flash then there should not be many issues anyway, with just some bling elements.

Anyway, SWFAddress comes with a SEO example
http://www.actionscripts.org/forums/showpost.php3?p=823780&postcount=4

SixfootStudio
11-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Thanks guys, I will pass this along to the other guys so that we can implement it and see how successful it would be!

ASWC
12-09-2009, 03:37 AM
Could be cool also to list all the browsers that can't support it or behave weirdly when running it.