PDA

View Full Version : MP3s in a Presentation

nacho
02-07-2003, 07:29 PM
Ok heres the thingh...

Im doing a presentation in and I want to have mp3s I mean, like thos pages were u can select the song u want to hear, But I want for the user to select fron like 5 diferent songs (that is full mp3) that I will put in this presentation....(It will be like a menu were the user can choose the song the wants...)

How can I do that ??

Ricod
02-08-2003, 08:11 PM
Well, make buttons for each of the 5 songs and either use the attachSound() method to dynamically start the music or make mcs for each of the mp3s and tell the needed mc to play. I've never worked with attachSound() myself, but I'm pretty sure it's not much different from attachMovie(). I think I saw someone give some nice examples on the attachSound() method. I suggest you try out the search engine first. The (F1) help has the right syntax.

friz2002
02-08-2003, 08:19 PM
yep, you can use attachSound()
I think it should look something like this (myMp3 is the linkage name)

button1.onRelease = function(){
mySound1 = new Sound();
mySound1.attachSound("myMp3");
mySound1.start();
}

CyanBlue
02-08-2003, 10:24 PM
Howdy... :)

I thought that you gotta include 'this' to get it working properly... Correct me if I am wrong... :)

So, friz2002's code should be looking like...button1.onRelease = function()
{
mySound1 = new Sound(this);
mySound1.attachSound("myMp3");
mySound1.start();
}Oh... Please format the code with [ as ] or [ code ] tag... For more information, look this page (http://www.actionscript.org/forums/misc.php3?action=bbcode#buttons)...