PDA

View Full Version : Using FsCommands to exec

turtlepd
02-09-2003, 03:39 AM
Hey,
I was told to use the fscommand to exec .exe files if I wanted them to pop up indvidually based on the button the user clicks. Is there a way to center my exe so that when projector shows the .exe file it is not popping up arbitrarily?

on (release) {
fscommand("exec", "some_flash_movie_file.exe");
}

Thanks,
Turtle :confused:

CyanBlue
02-09-2003, 05:44 AM
Searching the forum might have been useful to you...

Yup... As long as you are talking about the projector EXE, not the web published SWF file... Check this file out... :)

farafiro
02-09-2003, 09:12 AM
[search]

oldnewbie
02-09-2003, 02:08 PM
I suggest you try search terms such as:

Never tought searching for "GOD is Near :cool: " would turn up threads concerning the fscommand. Will have to try it out some day! :rolleyes:

turtlepd
02-09-2003, 02:14 PM
Hey,
Quick question about the instructions. So, if I pass the following script it should bring up my .exe file? Because something I have done isn't right I can't seem to get it to work!

on (release) {
fscommand("EXEC", "center.exe" + chr(9) + "The_Name.exe");
}

Thanks,
Turtle:confused:

oldnewbie
02-09-2003, 02:29 PM
With the Flash player 6 version, new restrictions apply.

.exes must be in a subfolder named fscommand.

Read all about "exec" here:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/fscommand_projectors.htm

If that fails, then maybe try searching with "God is Near :cool:"... You never know!

turtlepd
02-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Do I pass the name of my .exe like this?
on (release) {
fscommand("EXEC", "center.exe" + chr(9) + "The_Name.exe");
}

Thanks,
Turtle

oldnewbie
02-09-2003, 07:04 PM
Nope! Told you to read up on that link!

turtlepd
02-09-2003, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the tip. I have read the information posted on the macromedia site several times. However, my question is regarding the center.exe suggested by Cyan.
Thanks!
Turtle:confused:

CyanBlue
02-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Well... I guess you didn't read the manual that comes with the ZIP file right... It says...+ Flash 5 will allow you use a tab between the application name and the pattern.
+ Flash MX does not allow spaces or tabs in the argument to the EXEC command. This means that the CENTER utility can't be called directly from Flash MX.
+ In a batch file the pattern can contain spaces which provides a workaround for Flash 5 limitations and makes it possible to use CENTER from Flash MX projectors.So... According to the manual, you will have to create a batch file so that it could call the EXE file with an argument... Alrighty??? Good luck... :)

farafiro
02-16-2003, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by oldnewbie
Never tought searching for "GOD is Near :cool: " would turn up threads concerning the fscommand. Will have to try it out some day! :rolleyes: heheheeeeeeee
well, if you go through the threads over the General Chat, about CROSS POSTING and something, you would know that there is a shortcut word to post this message
[ crosspost ] with no spaces

and also GOD is Near is my footer