PDA

View Full Version : Walk me through it please

pom
02-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Hello everyone,
I'm fairly new to the incredible world of components, and I think it is time to change that. So I decided to create my first component. Just like this.

Then I thought: what would easily be componentized? And believe it or not, the word tooltip came to my mind. Don't ask me why.

So the question: does anyone here feel like explaining a component newbie how, why, when and where this would work? From the ground up? please?

pom :)

Jesse
02-10-2003, 11:19 PM
Well if you make a tooltip component it would likely be an invisible block (button?) which you can place instances of over a real button or element and the only value you wouls have to set would be the value to popup (in the component properties window I mean.,.. that would be the only value set by the user.. unless you wanted them to controll the text size, color, etc.)
Check out this tutorial ( http://flashcomponents.net/tutorials/triangle/triangle.html ) which is all you need really. Think of a component as a self-contained movieclip module. That's all they are really, but they are also customizable by our codingly-challenged friends :)

tost
02-10-2003, 11:20 PM
hi pom,
i have a flash 5 fully-tune-able tooltip smartclip. i'm at home and i don't have it here, but i can post it in, let's say, 10 hours. must get sum sleep first :)

pom
02-11-2003, 07:04 AM
Thanks Tost. Actually, I've learnt about smartclips after Flash MX was released, but it could be interesting.
And Jesse, I know that tutorial, but was probably too lazy to try to adapt it :) I'll work on it though, promised.

tost
02-11-2003, 01:24 PM
here ya go..
cheerz :)
tost