PDA

View Full Version : [AS2] Running files from a CD

Lost@Sea
01-07-2010, 06:16 AM
Hi All,

I've created a menu system for a CD (like an autorun) and I need buttons to be able to Start any 1 of 5 files found on the CD in a directory which I have created. There are 4 Flash files (which I would prefer to be compiled/published as exe's from within Flash), and one is an Excel spread sheet file.

I also have 4 optional menu selections which should either open the folder in which the files are, or first prize, would be that they actually start the files. (Flash player installation, Shockwave Player installation, Acrobat Reader installation, and a firefox installation.)

Thank you to anyone willing to help me.

northcode
01-07-2010, 02:07 PM
For launching EXE files just use fscommand("exec", "file.exe"); where file.exe is an executable file in a folder called fscommand (a security requirement which you can read more about in the documentation for the EXEC command).

For part 2, and first prize :), have a look at my free proxy tool (http://www.northcode.com/blog.php/2007/08/07/Conquering-FSCommand-EXEC-Part-1-Proxy). With that you can execute BAT files through an EXE proxy and do anything you want from the BAT file. All the details you need (including a working example for opening a PDF file) are in the blog post in my link.

Lost@Sea
01-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Thank you very much for your help, I will try and implement it later tonight. (and check out your link.)

Thanks again... quick, and to the point. Perfect!