PDA

View Full Version : Styles and loaded SWFs

SeaOfHoles
02-09-2010, 06:06 PM
I have a SWF in which I have referenced an external style sheet. When I run the SWF standalone, it looks like I want it to.

When I have a parent application load the SWF, some of my DataGrid styling is not correct (ie, header text is not bolded), while other items like selected and rollOver colors are correct.

I haven't been able to locate a reason yet, but I suspect the parent SWF style overrides any styles I have set in the loaded SWF. The reason some of my styles appear correctly is because the parent didn't define those.

Can anyone confirm?

Is there a way to workaround this "feature"?

Peter Cowling
02-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Yes, you will inherit from the 'parent SWF'. The issue is one application domains. Question: how are you loading the SWFs?

SeaOfHoles
02-10-2010, 04:40 PM
I am not actually loading the SWFs. LiveCycle Workspace is doing that.

Peter Cowling
02-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Oh, sorry but I do not know livecycle at all - looked a couple of times, but never got around to playing with it.

All I can do then is say that I understand that the answer will be along certain lines... Specifically, I believe that you'll need to define the child domain, and maybe use stylemanager to make sure the right css is applied to the right swf.

As I say, though, that idea is just theory; maybe some livecycle guys can help better with this one?

EDIT
Here the Adobe info. on application domains (http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=modular_2.html).