PDA

View Full Version : output window

theG
05-09-2001, 09:35 PM
Instead of having some of my bigger broken up bitmaps (I don't think there is a name for this stage of the graphic) in my main swf, I have put them in external .swf's so I can call upon them when needed (big steps for mankind.) My only problem is that I use thumbnails of those images (that I am now accessesing externaly) as buttons to call upon the enlagered pics. I was hoping to optimize those broken up bitmaps for the thumbnails but first i need to access my output window report. When i click on it now i just get a blank window that finds no errors where as I need it to give me a detailed report of the assets in my movie. Please help me figure out how to get the report. Also, if you could give me some ideas about how to better optimize those pics without losing too much detail I would be very gratefull.

Thanks

theG
05-09-2001, 10:10 PM
nevermind finding the report. I turned on the generate report box in the publish settings. Now I need to know what good it does me! I find that there are a lot of bytes associated with my text so I am thinking about moving them to the external files. But I still want to know the best way of optimizing imported bitmaps.

Thanks