PDA

View Full Version : focus on the flash movie in an html page

Billy T
02-20-2003, 08:56 PM
Hey all

if you go here - http://www.tableau.com.au/tutorials/games/index.html

and click on the up and down arrows on your keyboard you will see that the flash movie reacts but so does the scrollbar on the browser. If you then click once on the flash movie and then the arrows again just the flash movie reacts.

how can I make it when the page loads that the focus is automatically on the flash movie?

Thanks

CyanBlue
02-20-2003, 09:03 PM
Howdy...

Um... I am not sure if this will solve your problem since you have mixed content in your HTML with flash movie and other texts, but
<body onblur="self.focus();">
or sort could be the one you can try??? Or use some JavaScript to set the focus on the Flash movie??? (I think you have tried this already though...)

Billy T
02-20-2003, 09:08 PM
I tried Slection.setFocus(box_mc); to try and focus on one of the shapes but that didnt work

what is onblur?

Thanks

tost
02-20-2003, 09:16 PM
hi billy,
it's totally insain that you should get this link from me, for all i know it could be your neigbours :D
anyway, is this what you're looking for?
http://www.artifactinteractive.com.au/dev/focus.html
regards
tost

tost
02-20-2003, 09:19 PM
okay, safe, they're from Adelaide :)

Billy T
02-20-2003, 09:22 PM
perfect thanks chief ;)

cyanblue - looks like you were right about needing a javascript

cheers

CyanBlue
02-20-2003, 09:45 PM
Ah... Yes... I remember this tutorial... I guess I got too many bookmarks which I cannot control anymore... :( Besides that, my brain goes whoosh as time goes by... Hehe...

Billy T
02-21-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by CyanBlue
I guess I got too many bookmarks which I cannot control anymore... :(

know that feeling...

CyanBlue
02-21-2003, 12:57 AM
Speaking of which... I was going to create a simple bookmark managing program with Flash since I wasn't able to find any decent ones from the download.com... Well... I was looking for a way to read in all the bookmark files into the Flash array, but I wasn't able to find any... It should be the projector file which doesn't require any server interaction, but I guess I wasn't spending much time while I was looking for the information... Maybe later I'll try it again with some of those third party projector tools or maybe wait until sombody make one... :D