PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

waterhand
02-20-2003, 11:38 PM
I don' t know about you guys, but I could really use a spell check in Flash. I know that it would be nearly impossible, so I'll just wait until Flash MX2 or QT1 or whatever they decide to call it.

~waterhand

jimburton
02-21-2003, 12:33 PM
to check the code? the script panel already does, but it's useless cos it expects code to look the way it does after autoformatting, doesn't understand all sorts of useful shorthand stuff...

or do you mean something else...?

waterhand
02-21-2003, 01:30 PM
I should have been clearer, sorry. I mean to check the text typed using the font tool. Right now, I'm copying the text into Word and checking it there and copying it back. I know this sounds dumb, but, at least it'll get the job done (and it's easier then trying to learn how to spell :) ).

Mike

jimburton
02-21-2003, 01:35 PM
I see...personally I would see that as *bloat* :) but then I mainly use flash for development/programming not design, so others would have a different perspective...I think that could become a problem at some point - flash is used by so many different groups all of whom have different objectives, how do you keep everyone happy without some sort of bloated behemoth application that everyone begins to hate using...?