PDA

View Full Version : Interface IEventDispatcher Error

FlexNoobie
02-25-2010, 04:39 AM
Hey everyone, first I'd like to say that I have never really used flex extensively and I am more so a C/C++ coder then a flash guy. I'm currently trying to compile a project example of something and I am getting an error I can not seem to figure out. I've worked my way through and solved quite a few through googles help and some posts here but any information on this error I did not understand.

This is where the error is..
"public interface IFocusManagerContainer extends IEventDispatcher"

package mx.managers
{
import flash.display.*;

public interface IFocusManagerContainer extends IEventDispatcher
{

public function IFocusManagerContainer();

function set focusManager(param1:IFocusManager) : void;

function get focusManager() : IFocusManager;

function get systemManager() : ISystemManager;

function contains(param1:DisplayObject) : Boolean;

}
}

The error I am getting is...

1045: Interface IEventDispatcher was not found. ~Example/src/mx/managers IFocusManagerContainer.as line 5 1267173364777 306

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Normally I'd go throughout the forum looking for answers I can help solve when I ask one myself but I don't know that I'd be able to really give anyone any advice on these topics so I will patently await and hope for someone to help me out.

================================================== ====
================================================== ====
================================================== ===

--UPDATE--

I apologize everyone for asking such a stupid question. I realized on my own after I took a step back and reread what was going on. I've been fixing one problem after another and I began to blow them way out of proportion when I needed to just step back for a moment and get some coffee.

My solution...

"import flash.events.IEventDispatcher;"

NoobsArePeople2
02-25-2010, 04:10 PM
--UPDATE--

I apologize everyone for asking such a stupid question. I realized on my own after I took a step back and reread what was going on. I've been fixing one problem after another and I began to blow them way out of proportion when I needed to just step back for a moment and get some coffee.

My solution...

"import flash.events.IEventDispatcher;"

:) Happens to everyone at some point I think.