PDA

View Full Version : database connection live preview?

flashape
02-21-2003, 06:50 PM
does anyone know if it's possible to create a db connection in he live preview of a component?

jimburton
02-21-2003, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure but would be surprised if it was - they are locked down in various ways and that's not what they're for AFAIK - that could really slow down the authoring environment.

flashape
02-21-2003, 07:51 PM
i really dont know anything about how components work yet...cant you toggle live preview on and off?

jimburton
02-21-2003, 08:00 PM
yes you can, but you still don't want anything that;s going to slow users down, or they'll toggle it off and never toggle it back again! LPs are intended to give a general impression of how the component will appear in the swf, not to bring db connections or lots of code into the authoring env...having said that, I'm not certain that what you asked is impossible, just unwise - did you try it?:)

flashape
02-21-2003, 08:11 PM
No, i havent tried it yet...i wanted to make sure it was even possible before i got all involved with it. The components in question have very little animation involved actually, so i dont think performance will be an issue.

This so far is the only viable solution, however weark it may be, to bring dynanic data into the authoring enviroment, right?