PDA

View Full Version : Floating Ads

maleli
05-10-2001, 07:46 PM
I've been seeing these new floating ads in many portals, but I have no idea how to turn flash annimations into those kind of ads. Here's what I'm talking about: http://www.eyeblaster.com/

I've been told that it's like placing a layer on top of a regular html page and this layer contains the flash animation, but i have no idea how to have that layer... anybody know how?

Thanks

Jesse
05-11-2001, 07:00 AM
It's just Dynamic HTML (DHTML). If you use something like Dreamweaver you can make layers quite easily.

A basic bit of sample source would be:

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">

<div id="Layer1" style="position:absolute; left:214px; top:143px; width:319px; height:158px; z-index:1">LAYER
CONTENT GOES HERE</div>
</body>

The DIV code is the layer bit. You can include nay other HTML within the CONTENT GOES HERE BIT... including FLash embed code.

Cheers

Jesse

maleli
05-11-2001, 01:36 PM
Thanks for your reply Jesse... just one more question then... I've seen those layers in dreamweaver... but if you place a .swf on top of text, doesnt that have a background that would cover the text and anything in the layer below?
But those floating ads dont have any background...

Jesse
05-12-2001, 03:39 AM
No, that's why it must be viewed in Internet Explorer 5 which allows SWFs to have transparent background. Netscape and other browsers don't allow it, but IE does... I'm not exactly sure how to do it though. Try a search on these forums, but failing that, perhaps post a new topic asking how to do it. (Animation and Effects board would be best)

Cheers

Jesse