PDA

View Full Version : ThePortal:my second Flash site--please review

mitchstokely
05-11-2001, 02:06 AM
Here is my second ever Flash site....called ThePortal. I need some input and advice.
http://stormdetector.com

the portalmaster

dmachado
05-11-2001, 07:29 PM
... I'm on a 56K, and when I saw eight hundred something Kb, I gave it up.

Anyway, I liked the overall layout and design I got to see.

Good work.

mitchstokely
05-15-2001, 06:24 PM
thanks for the input...yes, the intro movie is probably too large a download for 56k, even though the preloader is designed to stream properly on even a 14.4k modem. I will be removing the current portal intro movie with something much more interesting soon, and hopefully smaller. As this is one of my first Flash sites, Im still learning the basics....

Also, I am going to be placing some live online Authorware Storm/Weather Detection software on this site, as soon as I have time to get it shocked and streaming properly...

portalm.

Jookbox
05-15-2001, 09:11 PM
interesting site. it's kinda hard to navigate, but i guess it wasn't designed to be a corporate site. when i view pages, i leave the browser in a smaller window at 1024x768. at this res i was unable to fully read "entrance" unless i brought my browser to 1600x1200.

i like the ambient sounds.

Annie
05-15-2001, 09:20 PM
It's pretty, but dude, how long is that intro? Was I really waiting for loaders to load other loaders?

I like the design on your Main Menu page, but the text in the description boxes for each selection is way too small. "Commercial Web Development for the Web" is redundant. And finally, the examples in your Commercial section don't showcase your design talent. Just show the stuff that makes you look good. Take the Flash section & some of the Design stuff and make those your commercial examples.

The Jasper Stone site is way cool, keep up the good work!