PDA

View Full Version : Allowed characters for instance names?

GordonFreeman
04-05-2010, 09:40 PM
I've created some subfolders under the "vod" directory, and one of them has a space in the name: "test folder"

when i try to connect to "rtmp://123.123.123.123/vod/test folder", the connection fails (NetConnection.Connect.Rejected)

if i rename it in "test" it works

are spaces allowed for instance names? what are the disallowed characters?

CyanBlue
04-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Howdy and Welcome... ;)

Generally speaking, it is bad idea to use space or special characters(except the underscore '_') for the file/directory name even for the instance name of the MovieClip in Flash...

Use %20 in place of the space...

GordonFreeman
04-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Howdy and Welcome... ;)

Generally speaking, it is bad idea to use space or special characters(except the underscore '_') for the file/directory name even for the instance name of the MovieClip in Flash...

Use %20 in place of the space...

i see, thanx.

another weird thing: if i try to stream some flv file from one subfolder different from "media" (the one created by the installation of FMS), the video will not display in the flash player (and neither the audio), although the NetStream status handler receives a "playing" notification , like it was all right.

If i move those files in "media" and i get them from the /vod/media instance, the video shows!
strange uh? all flvs have been created by ffmpeg, with a command similar to this:

ffmpeg -i input.avi -ar 22050 output.flv

and the "flv validator" shipped with FMS (it's in "<install dir>\tools") tells that all flvs are compatible with FMS
:confused:

CyanBlue
04-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Maybe there is some sort of config file that you can tweak to change the default directory so that you can serve from other directory... I just don't know what it is though... I haven't used the FMS quite a while... But such stuff should be stated in the manual...