PDA

View Full Version : INUIT read this

Jesse
05-11-2001, 06:06 AM
I've had to post this as a separate thread for the minute because the forums are playing around and not letting me answer your thread via any brwoser... wierd.

Yes it's possible.
Frame 1, draw a gradient (there can be NO BOX AROUND IT, so delete the box), Frame 15, draw the same gradient on a different angle. Then go back for Frame 1 and create a SHAPE (not motion) tween via the Frame Inspector.

Cheers

Jesse

tranterra
05-11-2001, 11:28 PM
The ups of this way of doing it is that you rotate the graident only, not the shape. Plus you can "morph" the gradients. PLUS you can use the effect on any shape.

Again use the shape tween. You don't have to change the shape, or even the rotation, but you can change the gradient of the shape to get a nice blending effect. If you use multiple keyframes with different gradients that lead into eachother, you can simulate gradient movement.

As for a rotating gradient, use a mask. Make a symbol that contains a shape with a gradient fill of your choice. Motion tween it to rotate it, and mask it. Remember, the shape the you make the mask will, of course, be the shape you ultimately end up with, so you'll need to make the symbol bigger than the mask to eliminate gaps.

If you want to combine the two effects, create an MC with the SHAPE tween (to "move" the gradient) and code it to loop with the goToAndPlay(#) action. Then all you have to do is use that MC as the rotating symbol behind the mask.

BTW, I'd love to see what you are going to do with this effect. Would you post a link to the finished product when you are done with it?

//: tranterra :\\