PDA

View Full Version : [AS2] projector with a minimize button

yoshyaro
04-07-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm trying to finish on my projector with a minimize button.

I found this thing, min.exe, from an old forum post here: http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=376905&highlight=fscommand

But I can't get it to work. In the post he mentions calling it with a Bat file. I've got that part down, but how do you add the "/tFlash" to the min.exe when you're using a .bat?

Any idea's?

Thanks!

northcode
04-08-2010, 03:27 PM
That post is 8 years old!

When Macromedia released Flash MX they changed the EXE command so that you could only pass the name of the executable file. Since they you have not been able to specify a path or parameters and the file you want to launch has to live in the fscommand folder.

You can still call BAT files but you have to put all the parameters in the BAT file itself. That means you'll need a separate BAT file for each thing you want to do. It's annoying, but it works and it's a FREE solution.

I wrote a FREE tool to help you call BAT files (and hide the DOS box) to make your projector look a little more professional.

Conquering FSCommand EXEC Part 1 : Proxy (http://www.northcode.com/blog.php/2007/08/07/Conquering-FSCommand-EXEC-Part-1-Proxy)

I was also the one that wrote the MIN.EXE tool. It will still work but you have to hard code the parameters inside the BAT File. If you need help figuring this out, just let me know...

yoshyaro
04-08-2010, 03:50 PM
The bat file is actually where I'm getting tripped up (I think).

I've tried a bunch of different setups, but I can't get any of them to work.

@echo off
start "min.exe"

And..

@echo off
start "min.exe/tFlash"

And...

explorer "min.exe"

Also, thank you sooooo much for that .bat tool! Hiding the dos box when opening pdfs has really made my little project look way more professional.

You're good people, northcode

northcode
04-08-2010, 06:06 PM
This is what you want in the BAT file. It should go in the fscommand folder along with a copy of min.exe.

min.exe Flash
That should do it ;)

yoshyaro
04-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Yep, That did it..! Thanks again, Northcode!

Any way this could work on a mac?

northcode
04-09-2010, 05:49 AM
You should be able to do the same job as min.exe with AppleScript on a Mac.