PDA

View Full Version : problems creating mxp

jaybee
03-05-2003, 09:38 AM
hi, I have made an alertbox component which works fine but I am having problems creating an mxp file for it - I've done this b4 and never had any problems and I can't work out what's different about it, but when I run the mxi file it says "extension created successfuly" but when I look at jbalert in the components panel there is nothing there - I mean jbalert is in the list, but no component there.....can anyone help me out by having a look plse?

Eternally grateful:)

zipped files here (http://jaybee.flashmaster.ru/JBalert.zip)

Billy T
03-05-2003, 10:48 AM
shouldn't

<file name="JB alert.fla" destination="$flash/Components" />

be

<file name="JBalert.fla" destination="$flash/Components" />

??

jaybee
03-05-2003, 11:36 AM
sorry, bit of a mix up when zipping the files - I tried renaming the fla at one point (one of those low points in the debugging process when you give anything a try.....I'm still at the same point) but DID rename it in both - if you rename the fla from the zip file then try creating the mxp you should see that it seems to work but creates an empty component....:(

Billy T
03-05-2003, 09:15 PM
ummm from what you have said above, it sounds as though you have created the mxp but not yet installed it...is that possible?

step 1 - open extension manager
2 - run "package extension"
3 - run mxp file
4 - restart flash

jaybee
03-06-2003, 07:50 AM
yep, thats what I did - "jb alert" then appears in the drop down list in the components panel in flash, but when you select it there is nothing in the panel where the components are dragged from.

Billy T
03-06-2003, 09:01 AM
hmm well for some reason my extension manager doesn't like your mxi file so I can't test it I'm afraid

jaybee
03-06-2003, 09:27 AM
thanks for looking at it Billy - I presume the mxi is the problem and will start again from scratch on it, although I've looked through it and everything seems to be in place.........do you know of a gui or online utility for making mxi files? That would be handy.