PDA

View Full Version : The InfoBox tutorial needs approval please

xty
05-25-2010, 03:13 PM
The beast is ready to go. There was a question of dynamically loading images in the example swf that goes with the tutorial. I am using an absolute url to my images folder here on Actionscript.org, and it works fine in the preview. Is there any reason to think it might not work once it's live on the site?

Thanks,

Chris

CyanBlue
05-25-2010, 04:34 PM
No, it seems to be working fine... ;)
http://www.actionscript.org/resources/articles/1010/1/The-InfoBox-Class/Page1.html
I did small update on the codes to remove extra tabs cuz extra scroller was not necessary...

So, I take you have not hear anything from Jesse on that note???

xty
05-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi CyanBlue
Thank you! No, I never heard from Jesse, but it seems to work fine, so all is well.
What do you mean by extra tabs? I had the as code tags on their own line, then the code, then a new line for the closing tag. Does this cause extra spaces? I don't want to be making more work for you - I'm sure you have enough to do!
Chris

CyanBlue
05-25-2010, 06:05 PM
The code was like this for example...
function blah() {
trace('hello');
}
So, I just changed it to remove extra 8 spaces where you were using 4 spaces for tabbing... It works okay if you have short command, but long command invokes scroller so I simply removed those...
function blah() {
trace('hello');
}
As for Jesse, I'll check back with him later on... Thanks... ;)

xty
05-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Hi CyanBlue
I see now. I wasn't sure how to handle the indent. So, it's better if all my code is just like

private var myFunction():void{
stuff happening
}

No indentation at all?

CyanBlue
05-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Oh, no... You should have indentation, otherwise the code will be very hard to read...
I was just saying that you had too made spaces which caused scroller... That's all... ;)

xty
05-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Hi CyanBlue
I'm learning, thanks to all your help!

CyanBlue
05-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Thank YOU... :)

Jesse
05-25-2010, 11:41 PM
Thanks you BOTH!

Group hug ;)

Sorry I never replied on that other topic -- I honestly wasn't sure what the solution would be. We're talking about the BASE issue, right?

CyanBlue
05-26-2010, 12:53 AM
Yeah, that's what I had in mind, and I kinda remember talking about using the base tag some years ago, but I wasn't able to remember when/where we talked about it... :D