PDA

View Full Version : arrow style not changing in FListBox

yorkeylady
03-07-2003, 04:49 PM
I'm using global style Formatting. Everything is changing color except for the arrows in a list box scrollbar. I put this code in a separate layer like the Flash mx instructions suggested.

globalStyleFormat.arrow = 0xFFFFFF;
globalStyleFormat.scrollTrack= 0x000000;
globalStyleFormat.applyChanges();

This only changed the track.

Is the arrow not a registered skin in the FListBox?

khamstra
03-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Pulled a list box onto the stage and added your exact code. I too got grey arrows. Until I added 10 items to the listbox then they turned white.

The arrows are "disabled" until the number of items warants making them enabled.

khamstra

CyanBlue
03-07-2003, 07:23 PM
The arrows are "disabled" until the number of items warants making them enabled.Um... What do you mean??? :confused:

khamstra
03-07-2003, 07:37 PM
When you dont have enough items in the listbox to actually scroll they remain the "disabled" color. When you have many items in the listbox and you must scroll to see them the arrows will be the color you set them to.

For example, the textbox i'm typing in to respond to you has blue arrows and the buttons don't work, if i hold down enter for awhile and fill the textbox the arrows turn white and you can now click on the buttons to scroll.

Does that help?

khamstra

CyanBlue
03-07-2003, 07:40 PM
Ah... Now I see what you are talking about... I definitely have problem with English... :D