PDA

View Full Version : [Q] Skip certain classes when debugging on FB4???

CyanBlue
06-30-2010, 02:24 PM
I was wondering if there is any way to exclude certain classes when debugging in FB4...

It's like... I set some breakpoints in my class, do debug and when the breakpoint is reached, I can do F5 ~ F8 to debug... When I am keep doing F6, it sometimes go to the third party class that I use which I do not want to debug that class... Is there any way to bypass those classes that I don't need when debugging???

Thanks... ;)

bowljoman
06-30-2010, 02:45 PM
NOt really that I know of.

I step over or keep stepping till I come out the tunnel on the other side.

You can always look at the call stack and click on it to remove yourself from a higher location.

CyanBlue
06-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Cool... Thanks... ;)

wvxvw
06-30-2010, 10:51 PM
Another idea is to put them into SWC without sources, it should generally skip over things it cannot display...
Ah, and there was a setting for sources, so, technically, if those classes you don't want to see aren't in the same folder, I think you can just remove them from there... try searching the debug configuration for that setting. Sorry, I just don't have FB installed here.

CyanBlue
07-01-2010, 03:03 AM
Hrm, interesting... I'll check it out... Thanks... ;)

CyanBlue
07-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Hrm... I went through the preferences and I don't see such option... Do you remember where it is, wvxvw, when you get a chance???

bowljoman
07-01-2010, 05:43 PM
wvxvw suggests:

Remove unwanted classes to external flex lib project.

Compile lib project.

Import swc into original project.

Do not attach source code to swc reference.

wvxvw
07-02-2010, 12:44 AM
The second option I had in mind was this:

(see attachment). But I never tried to remove, only added more stuff :)